Sunday, September 1, 2024

Simple Wargame on Tabletop Simulator for twitch.tv

 I've always wanted to host some sort of tabletop wargame on my Twitch channel because it's a hobby I love and I want to be able to share those things with my community.

I recently came across a YouTube video where a fella was using Tabletop Simulator to run a Black Powder game set in the American Civil War and I just had to try putting something similar together myself.

The basis of the game is a very stripped down version of the Osprey "Rebels and Patriots" ruleset, there's basically three moves you can do in chat - Move, Shoot, Charge, and depending on how well the community receives it I can add more rules to it later on (as well as incorporate Streamloots integration).

I downloaded a couple maps and settled on this one -


Then I downloaded these units -


The board I downloaded is beautiful, it's large, it's detailed and I think it's going to offer a great back and forth game in chat.


I also made up some simple cards so people in chat can see which units are theirs and added some casualty markers. I also made up some reference cards for the four units available for chat to use - Line Infantry, Skirmishers, Cavalry and Light Artillery.



I'm really looking forward to seeing how well the game can be played in a Twitch chat and I'm hoping I'll have a battle report to share on here once that happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment